Zen out with this hot cocoa incorporating brewed green tea instead of hot water! Green tea is high in l-theanine an amino acid that promotes relaxation. Cacao (or cocoa) is high in magnesium, a chill out mineral. Maca is a nutrient dense superfood root that is also a powerful adaptogen. Herbals in the adaptogen family help the body to deal with stress and so much more! Add some Herbaland Calm Naturally Gummies for a fruity and relaxing twist!
Zen Out Green Tea Cocoa
Ingredients: (Serves One)
- 1 cup green tea brewed and still hot, can use whatever green tea you love, choose organic
- 1 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (maple syrup coconut sugar, lakanto, honey, etc)
- 1 tsp fibre of choice (inulin and acacia are great no bloat options and both types are prebiotic)
- ½ cup milk of choice (nut, seed, coconut, etc)
- 1 tsp maca (optional, great for
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for one – two mins until well blended and frothy.
- Top with any of the following coconut whip, shredded chocolate, cacao, cinnamon, frothed milk.
Written and Created by Michelle from Find Wellness