This easy vegan chickpea caesar salad wrap is the perfect lunch and a great vegan spin to a traditional chicken caesar salad wrap. Also can be an awesome meal to take with you on the go!
Why you’ll love this Chickpea Caesar Salad wrap:
- Easy: Make this recipe in 40-minutes flat. Prep time is only 15-minutes!
- Healthy: Combine the health benefits of chickpeas and veggies, this wrap is a healthy lunch alternative
- Meal Prep: This recipe is great for meal prep. It’s awesome to have the ingredients ready to go for a quick lunch or easy summer dinner
- Versatile: Add buffalo sauce, or remove the wrap completely and eat this up as a salad
Ingredients:For the Salad/Wrap:
- 2 small heads of lettuce, washed, finely chopped
- Garlic Confit (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. Caesar dressing
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 8-10″ tortilla wraps of choice
For the Chickpeas
- 1 550 mL can of Chickpeas, washed, strained, and dried
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Umami powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Dash of red chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the crispy chickpeas and mix till well combined. Add the chickpeas to the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them all evenly, leaving each chickpea room to breathe/crisp up. Cook for 25 minutes, flipping/tossing halfway through. TIP: keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- While the chickpeas cook, prepare the salad ingredients and set them aside.
- Once the chickpeas have cooked, let them cool.
- Toss your salad by adding the lettuce, cheese, lemon, dressing, and garlic into a bowl.
- Place around 1/3 of the salad in the center of the wrap with your desired amount of chickpeas. Fold in both sides of the wrap and pinch the bottom side of the wrap up to fold and form a wrap. You can wrap the wrap with parchment then cut it.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Spices: The spices for the chickpeas are entirely optional and really quite versatile/interchangeable so have fun with them! I would suggest using the flavors you love most and thinking about the classic taste of a caesar salad while developing that flavor profile.
Storage: The salad is best enjoyed fresh. So I suggest only topping the lettuce with the dressing once you’re ready to make the wrap. The crispy chickpeas can be tightly sealed, once cooled, and will last up to 5-7 days in a room temperature spot.
Chickpeas: I love making this wrap with chickpeas but if you’re feeling like switching it up, you can use lentils, black beans, and white beans.
Pairing: Want something amazing to compliment this? Make sure to checkout my amazing garlic confit.
Recipe by FoodByMaria (https://www.foodbymaria.com). IG: @foodbymaria