The perfect on-the-go snack that will power you through hikes, bikes, and everything in between. These 5-ingredient no-bake granola bars are simple, filling, and contains loads of sweet & salty goodness.
- 1 heaping cup of dates, pitted
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or honey for non-vegan option)
- ¼ cup natural almond butter (or preferred nut butter)
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- Optional toppings: dark chocolate chunks, nuts, cranberries, raisins, etc.
- Blend dates in a food processor until smooth (or with small pieces remaining).
- If not already roasted, roast almonds at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Place oats, almonds, and dates in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat the sweetener and nut butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once melted, pour over the oat mixture and mix, ensuring the date mixture disperses evenly.
- Once mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Press down firmly until flat, cover with parchment and let firm up in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.