This July, we are challenging our Herbaland community to take on the Plastic Free July challenge!
Plastic Free July is a movement that the Plastic Free foundation promotes every year to encourage people to reduce their waste during the month of July. The Plastic Free Foundation is a not-for-profit global social movement that stops around 300 million kgs of plastic polluting the world each year.
Ways to reduce waste this July:
- Avoid single use plastics such as takeaway containers, plastic cutlery, disposable plates, and plastic straws
- Bring your own shopping bags and produce bags when you pick up your groceries, or visit a bulk grocery store like Nada to shop waste free
- Bring a reusable coffee mug when picking up your morning coffee
- Use a reusable water bottle instead of purchasing plastic bottles
- Purchase products in compostable packaging to decrease your impact. Our snacks with benefits gummies are the perfect zero-waste snack during the month of July - and our entire line is currently 10% off!
- Find a group of people to take on the challenge with you!
What impact will reducing your waste have?By reducing your use of single use plastics and consumption of new products, you will be doing your part to prevent pollution and protect the environment. You will also limit the amount of waste going to landfill, preserve natural resources and even save money! We need to all work together to support the health of our planet - every small step helps.
Sign up to take the Plastic Free July challenge below: