Packed with protein, fiber, and flavor, these snacks are a delicious and portable treat for all your on-the-go adventures!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, lightly packed
- 6 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 teaspoons water, if needed
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, hemp hearts, melted dark chocolate, chopped nuts, cocoa powder
- Add the dates to a food processor and process until it forms a ball.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until thoroughly combined and almost smooth. The dough should be sticky but not crumbly when you form a ball. If it’s not sticky enough, add a small bit of water and process again after each addition.
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Lightly wet your hands and shape the dough into balls. Roll each ball into your desired topping until fully coated.
- Freeze the balls for 20-30 minutes until firm.