These baked apples are so tasty and quick to make! And with only 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup per apple, you know that you are choosing a healthy treat!
This yummy snack is also free of refined sugar, dairy, and gluten.
Spiced Baked Apples
- 4 apples (I used 2 gala and 2 granny smiths, the gala keep their shape best!)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut the tops of the apples off and scoop out the core, and put the insides into a bowl
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan
- Add apple pieces once oil is melted.
- Cook for a few mins, stirring.
- Add all the spices and maple syrup.
- Continue to cook and stir until the apples are a little soft.
- Scoop the apple into the cored apples, set it aside
- 2.5 tbsp melt coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp groups flax
- 1.5 tbsp hemp seeds
- Melt coconut oil and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a bowl, add all the other ingredients.
- Stir the coconut oil into the almond flour and seed mixture.
- Mix well; it will seem doughy.
- Now spread over the top of the apples.
- Place the apple top back on each apple.
- Bake at 350 for 30 mins covered, then uncover and bake 10-15mins more.
- Serve with a side of Herbaland’s Apple Spice gummies! You can also top with ice cream or whipped cream! Best if ate warm!
Featured Blogger: Michelle Vysohlid, Holistic Nutritionist
I'm Michelle, the founder of Eat Well with Michelle & Find Wellness. I am a Holistic Nutritionist with a passion for holistic health & living and sharing how easy this lifestyle can be. I love educating my clients and audience on valuable and practical ways to find wellness in their lives. I will show you how you can heal and thrive one meal at a time! My main focus in practice is gut health, hormones, and metabolic syndrome. Learn more here.
Please reach out to me on social media as I love meeting new friends worldwide that share the same love for living with intention. Hope to hear from you friends!